Residential Plumbing Tips for Fall
It's starting to get cold outside! That means it's time to get your residential plumbing system ready for the change in temperature.
Here are PJB Mechanical's residential plumbing tips for fall:
- Disconnect outside water hoses to prevent freezing and breakage of faucets and connecting pipes.
- Repair any leaky outdoor faucets to prevent freezing and breakage.
- Close and drain any interior shut-off valves that lead to outside faucets.
- Cover outside faucets with faucet insulation kits (available at most home centres).
- Insulate pipes in unheated areas, such as garages or crawl spaces by applying heat tape or thermostat-controlled heat cables around exposed pipes.
- Prepare your water heater for it's extra use in the winter by flushing it out to remove buildup that can affect efficiency. Do this by draining several gallons from the faucet near the bottom of the tank.
- Clear leaves and debris from outdoor downspouts to ensure easy drainage through freezing and thawing in winter.
- Inspect and clean your sump pump and pit to prevent malfunctioning due to freezing.
Need an expert?
If you need home plumbing repairs to get your plumbing or heating system on track for the coming cold months, contact PJB Mechanical.
Call us today at 604-940-2268
Throughout our years of service in Vancouver, Richmond and Delta, we’ve found that many people have the same questions for their local plumbing and heating experts. Have a look at these frequently asked questions for more household plumbing and heating tips.
Looking for Expert Service?
At PJB Mechanical, we’re committed to prompt emergency response.
Call us today at 1-604-940-2268 or book a service appointment.